Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Why start now? I'm not realy sure ...

Having lurked in the EduMOOC all week,I think it is about time for me to say something.

I am reading Reality is Broken, by Jane McGonigal. Good book but I have to disagree with her about everyone heading off to MMORPGs and finding fiore. I played WoW and hated it, I found it to be an incredibly boring game. I didn't enjoy wandering around the world, killing creatures/monsters, doing the chores, and I almost never found anyone to go on missions with. I did play games when I was a child and do play games now with my children but do not find i have a sense of fulfillment when I am done.

That being said I am still trying to think of a way to bring gaming into the Statistics course I am teaching this fall. I think I will try to make gaming the focus of the final project, as long as the students have an interest.

Well that's all I have for today. I will let you know how I am doing and any suggestions will be appreciated.
Sanford

No comments:

Post a Comment