Friday, September 21, 2012

Statistics MAT177 Week 2

So last Saturday didn't go quite as I had envisioned. The first group lab was successful in teaching students about frequency tables but the second one took much too long and students left confused about stratified sampling. so next year I will leave that question out and just try to explain it. So because the second part took much longer than I had predicted, most groups didn't get to work on their exams. A few set up plans of attack and were going to bring the work into this week's class to discuss. So we will see how it goes. Tomorrow we are discussing Central Tendency, quartiles and standard deviation. I will show them how to use Excel & the TI-83 to calculate these values. They will also determine which HW problem I will grade from chapter 1, I will use a random number generator to determine which problem based on the number of tries chosen by a group. Those are my plans and I am bound to change them in the morning. Sanford

No comments:

Post a Comment